Kegworth Baptist Church exists to glorify God and be His witness in Kegworth – to be ‘Salt and Light’ in our community.
The beliefs of Kegworth Baptist Church are based on the founding principles of the chapel, as updated, these are:
- All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23 NIV).
- The divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- That Lord Jesus became incarnate, and by shedding of his blood on the cross, made atonement for the sins of us all.
- The necessity of the holy spirit’s influence on the heart, in order to conversion, and in it, the continuance of the growth of grace.
- That all people may obtain complete salvation by believing in this divine saviour.
- Christ has died, Christ is risen, and Christ will come again!
As members of the BUGB, we embrace their Declaration of Principle
1. That our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is the sole and absolute authority in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, and that each Church has liberty, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to interpret and administer His laws.
2. That Christian Baptism is the immersion in water into the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, of those who have professed repentance towards God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ who ‘died for our sins according to the Scriptures; was buried, and rose again the third day’.
3. That it is the duty of every disciple to bear personal witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to take part in the evangelisation of the world.
- We believe that; what we believe, should affect the way we live and should also affect our relationships within the church community and with our neighbours, flavouring where we live.
- We are still sinners and we often will not live up to this standard, but must keep admitting our sin to God and trying to live up to his standards.
- Please forgive us for our failings and helps us grow in faith.